Health and Safety Information
To prevent damage to your device, and to reduce the likelihood of injury or damage, please follow the precautions below.
- Only use the supplied 2-pin charger with your device. Do not use it if it is damaged, or in the presence of water.
- The charger is for use with a power supply rated: 5 Volt DC, maximum 1 Amp. Failure to comply may result in electrical hazard, fire, injury, or damage to the product.
- Do not expose the device to direct sunlight, prolonged submersion in water, or high temperatures. Do not disassemble, bend, burn, crush, or puncture your device.
If you suspect that contact with water has caused the device to malfunction, do not dry with an external heat source.
- This device is compliant with European/US RF exposure requirements.
The Tended Protect will not stop accidents or prevent health incidents, it is designed to notify selected parties if it detects an accident or incident and is not classed as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The Tended Protect will not carry out its role if:
- it is not in range of a Bluetooth 4.2 mobile telephone supporting iOS 10 or greater, or Android 4.4 to which the associated mobile application has been downloaded and activated.
- the App has not been given access to the required functionality on the mobile device;
- the phone does not have a geolocation functionality built-in and activated; or
- the phone is not connected to a working data connection or Wi-Fi network connection.
The Tended Protect is not waterproof so should not be submerged in liquids. The Tended Protect will not work as intended if exposed to high-intensity shocks or blasts. Wearing the device on the user’s non-dominant wrist is
For more information regarding your Tended account and Tended products, go to https://tended.co.uk/pages/terms-and-conditions
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Statement
This device complies with part 15 FCC Rules.
EU Declaration of Conformity can be downloaded here:
The Protect operates at 2400-2483.5 MHz, <0.95 dBm EIRP.
The symbol on the packaging means that according to local laws and regulations, your product and its battery shall be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life take it to a collection point designated by local authorities. The separate collection and recycling of your product and its battery at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
Tended has met its obligations within the UK to the EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive by registering as a producer of both electrical goods and batteries. It is also enrolled in a Distributor Take back Scheme (DTS) as part of that obligation.